Thursday, February 22, 2007

A river runs through it

February 9th, 2007 La Encantada, Peru

The River

When it rains real hard in the mountains, La Encantada has a river that runs through it. And although neither the words crystal nor clear can be used to describe it, it is quite refreshing to take a dip when the temperature is topping 105 ºF every day. So Friday, I gathered a couple of 5 to 11 year olds in my town and another teenager to help me supervise and we headed to the river. The river was only waist deep for me and the kids took turns having me dunk them and launch them through the air. Kids are so refreshing. But still kids, as they took twice as long to walk back to town as they did to get there when they were excited causing me to nearly be late for my computer class.

February 7th, 2007 La Encantada, Peru

Compost Capacitation

I had a presentation on how to construct a compost pile using materials found around the home and from the farm fields. We will use these piles as natural fertilizer for the gardens we have started recently. I didn´t think that many people would have started their gardens already but over half the group started preparing their soil after the first presentation only a week ago. It is great to work with such a motivated group.

1 Comments:

At 8:24 PM, Blogger Jouleen said...

i get to see you in a couple of weeks!!!!!!!!
I can't wait!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home