Sunday, December 17, 2006

Christmas Ignorance

November 27th thru December 8th, 2006 La Encantada, Peru

My Santa Claus Ignorance

The other day I was watching TV with my host brother, Porfirio, after dinner. A commercial with Papa Noel came on and I asked him if he believed in Santa Claus. He told me no, and I started trying to convince him that I believed in Santa Claus. When I asked when he stopped believing, he exposed my ignorance like no one ever has before. He responded, “Brent, I never believed in Santa Claus. Santa Claus doesn´t come to Encantada like that with all the presents and stuff. He visits some of the houses in Piura (the capital city) but not Encantada.” Wow, that was rough.

Colombia Catalog

I spent most of the week working on the catalog and preparing Emilio for Colombia. I think I am going to start making a compost pile soon so I can make a garden in the backyard. Then we can eat vegetables more frequently. If it goes well, I’ll probably start a family garden project and teach nutrition classes. I plan on starting to teach computer classes in early January.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home