Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Elections / Injury

November 19th, 2006 Chulucanas, Peru

Elections

The regional elections were today. Everyone has to vote or they get fined a pretty decent sum. And the army is at the polls to prevent any chaos. And I was told the wait in line was over 2 hours long. Sounds a little different than our elections, huh?

The candidates don’t really talk about the issues either. When they come through town they just give speeches about how much money they have given to such and such school or what not. Pretty much whoever has given away the most of their fortune wins. But now that the campaigning is over, it should be a little quieter around here.

November 18th, 2006 Chulucanas, Peru

Ouch, my knee

Every Saturday, my counterpart and I go to Chulucanas to play basketball. It is actually kind of frustrating because they only play zone and play with some slightly goofy rules, and just about anything is a foul. Who plays zone in a pick up game? Anyways, it’s usually pretty fun.

This past Saturday I got tripped though scraped up my knee pretty bad. This isn’t your average asphalt but rather some pretty rough concrete. My wound is about twice the size as a quarter. I have been fighting infection all week with a bucket bath, not the most sanitary method of infection prevention…but make do.

Also, while I was in the shower I had Mario lookup the score to the Michigan-Ohio State game. It was in English and he accidentally told me UM won, when they lost by 3. I still think they deserve to play in the National Championship game since USC lost to Oregon, not the number 1 team in the league.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home