Friday, November 10, 2006

The first to go....for real.

October 24th 2006 La Encantada, Peru

The first to go…..for real this time.

Perhaps I should wait til she boards a plane and thus avoid writing blog entries which turn out to be false the next time I check the internet. Jenn called me today. She wanted to wish me the best of luck. She is returning to the States to be with her boyfriend. I wish her well. Throughout most of training, Jenn was one of my best friends.

I couldn’t imagine trying to endure the stress the Peace Corps entails while trying to maintain a relationship thousand of miles across the ocean, in a completely different hemisphere. I presume that is why most relationships don’t fail while one member is serving. This one must be strong enough, that one party is willing to sacrifice the dreams they had for their own life for the possibilities that exist with their partner. I wish her the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home