Wednesday, September 13, 2006

The Last Two Weeks of Training

August 15th,2006 thru September 2nd, 2006 Santa Eulalia, Peru

The Last Two Weeks of Training

Things pretty just coasted by the past few weeks of training. Basically, it was just more of the same old language and technical training. A couple of fun things happened the last week. One day we went to visit the main Peace Corps office in Lima. I got forced to eat at McDonald’s, a place I don’t frequent in the States, but it was the best McDonald’s I had ever had. They have to use higher quality ingredients in order to justify the high prices because no one would pay $5 for a meal here if it tasted like normal McDonald’s. Later that night, we went to the Director of the Business Program’s house for dinner. He had ordered Pizza Hut and we all ate to our heart’s content. I tried to eat as many calories as possible. I am trying to regain some of the 8 pounds I have lost. If this wasn’t enough, our technical trainer hosted a breakfast for our last session where we got to cook pancakes and eat cereal. I really miss cereal since I used to eat it everyday and have now only had it twice in 3 months. Another cool thing is that I jumped two language levels after the last language interview to Advanced Low. That was a good confidence boost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home