Thursday, November 30, 2006

Feria Colombia

November 14th thru 17th, 2006 La Encantada, Peru

Preparing for Colombia

All week I have felt like I have had a real 9-5 job. I have been at the local at 8 in the morning til 6 or later at night working on the catalog for the international fair in Colombia. We have had to take pictures of all 285 pieces and then code them. This requires measuring their weight, height, and width. Then this must be entered into a database.

Now I have to make a catalog with all the pieces and their prices which still need to be determined. Therefore, upon returning from the beach where the volunteers from my class are gathering for Thanksgiving, I will have much work to do. But work makes the time pass.

November 8th & 9th, 2006 Chiclayo, Peru

Reconnect

Today we took a 3 hour bus ride to Chiclayo for Reconnect. This is a conference where everyone from your training class (mine is Peru 7) gets together after 10 weeks to discuss how we feel and brush up on any policies that need to be revisited.

It was fun to get to see everybody again. Ryan and I are still undefeated in Spades. We almost lost a game that lasted over 3 hours (we had to take a dinner break) but somehow came back after being down 300 points. I miss training where we could play spades everyday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home