Sunday, December 31, 2006

La Navidad

December 25th, 2006 La Encantada, Peru

La Navidad

I am not celebrating Christmas this year. I am celebrating Navidad. I decided it would be harder if I tried to half celebrate Christmas and therefore decided to celebrate Navidad however they celebrate here instead. It doesn´t really feel like Christmas anyways. There aren´t any Christmas trees. No lights or decorations. And definitely no snow. I mean its 103 degrees out today. Plus, we didn´t even go to church either day. I don´t know if anyone in town did.

Its definitely been a different Christmas…..Navidad. We just sat around and passed the cup. And danced a little. And wrapped up the party at 9pm. It wasnt a bad holiday season, just a nonexistent one. Who knows, maybe next year I will celebrate Christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home