Saturday, July 19, 2008

Volleyball

July 10th , 2008 La Encantada, Peru

Volleyball

After I returned from the United States I tried to organize a community recreation committee. Unfortunately it never really happened. After talking to Dad, we decided the girls still deserved such an activity nevertheless. So about 2 weeks ago I bought a volleyball net and some volleyballs with the money Dad sent me. The girls have been playing 3 to 4 times a week and really to seem to enjoy playing. They would much rather play volleyball than make jewelry. So would I. So we only make jewelry on Wednesdays and play volleyball the rest of the week instead. They have been setting up the net by themselves and playing when I canĀ“t due to prior commitments. If you only knew how big that is!

This week they wrote a petition to the community president requesting a permanent location to play volleyball. Dad gave us some money to put the posts in cement. They gathered signatures from girls all over town and should present it to the proper authorities this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home