Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Latest in Basketball

May 26th, 2008 Chulucanas, Peru

Basketball Games

Due to the rain the league never really organized. Instead we played a little three game tournament. Since Mario and I couldn´t be there our team lost the first game and thus we came in second place in the tournament with a 2-1 record. But last night we played a different kind of game. Every year a group of high school seniors comes from Philadelphia for a week to do mission work. Last year I played with the Americans and we won by 7 points. Everyone called me a traitor and told me this year I had to play for the Chulucanas team. Most Peruvian teams strictly play zone which makes it difficult to penetrate to the basket. Since the Americans tried playing man defense, I was able to drive to the hole quite liberally. It was a fun night as I ended up with around 20 points and at least 10 assists as well as at least a 20 point win. I can´t wait to get back into the routine of playing ball 3 times a week against good competition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home