Saturday, June 07, 2008

GMAT and Embassy Family

May 6th, 2008 Lima, Peru

The GMAT

Although I have no plans to attend a graduate school of business for at least 2 to 3 three years, I figured I should take advantage of the extra time I have to study. Therefore, today I took with the entrance exam to graduate business school. My buddy Mike and I took the test together. It went alright. It always feels good to get such things over with.

May 4th-6th, 2008 Lima, Peru

Embassy Family

Many families from the Embassy enjoy having volunteers stay in their houses so that they can connect with Peace Corps volunteers. Since my buddy Mike had stayed with Bob and Susan before we elected to stay with them instead of in a noisy hostel while we rested and prepared for the GMAT.

Staying with embassy families is great for many reasons. First of all, it´s always fun staying in a super nice house with all the amenities instead of some cheap hostel. Second of all, they treat you to all kind of nice meals and American food. The U.S. embassy has a little store with all kinds of imported food. Unfortunately, volunteers don´t have access to this treasure chest. But perhaps the most enjoyable part is sharing experiences with the embassy families. They are always so enthusiastic to hear about our experiences in the field. Susan is the director of the narcotics division of the embassy and is in charge of a program that trains Peruvian police in the management of the drug trade. So, she had a lot of fun stories to tell as well. Although the volunteers get together every so often and speak English and share our thoughts on development and everything else, it was nice to hang out with adults who were not our peers. Mike and I really enjoyed our stay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home