Saturday, April 14, 2007

Computer Class Graduation and the Epidemic

April 3rd, 2007 La Encantada, Peru

Computer Class Graduation

My computer students completed the basic computer class this week and I thought it might be fun to have a little party to celebrate. I bought some soda and the students made popcorn, and Jell-O and I helped my host sister make a cake. From scratch. It was a little dense.

I was a little disappointed though because one third of the class didn’t show up. They send a message or anything. I thought for sure they would show up for a party. I just don’t understand why the teenagers are so unreliable here. I mean teenagers are pretty unreliable, who I am kidding. But they normally show up for parties.

March 28th thru April 1st, 2007 La Encantada, Peru

Being Sick is no Fun

These past few days, I got pretty sick. I mean lets not lie, us volunteers are slightly sick all the time. But some kind of bug was going around my zone and a lot of people got really sick. My counterpart’s sister had to go to the hospital. Fortunately, I only had a fever and lost 9 pounds in a span of 3 days. But I am better now. Just feeling a little weak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home